
So leaving my parking lot at work day in and day out made me think of one thing..camraderie. We just recently moved into a new building, and have only about 50 people for a say 300 spot parking lot. Yet why is it that every time I walk out to the parking lot at the end of the day we seem to be parked right next to each other? Coincidence? I think not. It's something about that brand loyalty that gets us every time. I mean I'm not saying I am ok with getting cut off on the freeway, but for some reason if its the same type of car as mine, im slightly less irritated. Logical, right? I mean it doesn't make sense, but it seems to be pretty consistent. One of my pet peeves is weird people staring while at a stoplight, but I have to strangely admit that I will trade a glance or too if they have the same car, feeling some sort of bond between myself and this stranger. The same goes for other things besides cars..its like clothing, brands, food, we just love that familiar feeling. It reminds me of when I had my college orientation at UCSB and it was the first dad and I did not know anyone. Before you are put into groups based on last name or whatever criteria they decide, you scan the room for people that seem like could be your friends as a desperate attempt to not eat lunch alone (this does happen in real life right?) Anyways, a few months later a few sorority sisters of mine and I were sitting around talking about orientation and how we actually remembered seeing each other then. One of my favorite people ever said something to me that I will never forget: "I saw your cute dress and I knew we would be friends forever." So corny, but so true. That's the camaraderie that I can't help but love.
No comments:
Post a Comment